Responsible for the coordination of clinical activities of the Wound Care Center® including but not limited to use of organizational skills, leadership, planning, implementing, evaluating, and providing patient care through the use of hospital and nursing standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides case management to a group of patients providing specific assessments according to protocols and procedures, clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments, and patient/caregiver education related to wound care management.
• Organizes and prioritizes clinical responsibilities, provides direct supervision to clinical staff, (RN, LPN, MA, Med Assist, etc).
• Collaborates with other health care providers, wound care center Physicians, Program Director and Medical Director, regarding clinic and patient needs.
• Consistently looks at current processes and procedures and identifies and implements areas of improvement while adhering to HIPAA, JCAHO, DOH as well as hospital and Healogics requirements.
• Engages in staff development, providing general in services as well as individual instruction and orientation. Provides staff recognition through positive reinforcement and constructive feedback.
• Collaborates with Program Director in coordination of the Center’s objectives, from a budgetary and financial perspective.